Monday, August 31, 2009

CHAPTER 6 ~ A Restored Friendship

"I've been thinking there's an animal in there. " Said Emma.

"How can we get in there to see?" Asked Chrissa.

"I'm not quite sure." Scott replied.

"I think we should investigate first." Jake suggested.


Everyone helped clean up the game. As they put the game away Jake thought to himself, "I'm so glad our friendship is restored. And I'm sorry for how we treated Emma.

Chrissa was thinking the same thing. "Why did we treat Em like that? I'm so glad we all got to hear the noise from that animal."

Emma had thoughts of her own. "Yes! They heard the sound! They finally believe me!"

Emma was so glad that her grin spread from ear-to-ear. Every one of the four had the same big smile as they put the game away. After the game was cleaned up, they all went outside. It was getting dark, so Mama turned on the outside lights so they could see while they studied the pipe.

Suddenly Mama called them. "Scott, Jake, Chrissa, it's getting late. I think it's time for you to head home."
"Ok, Mrs. Johnson." the three replied.

"When will we investigate the drain pipe?" Chrissa asked.

"Tomorrow!" Emma replied.

"I can come over after I do my homework." Scott said. "I'll swing by your house on the way," he said to Jake and Chrissa. "We can ride our bikes to Emma's house together."

No comments:

Post a Comment